I loved working on this doll so much that I couldn’t stop. Her body is done and all that’s left is her hair (and clothes, of course, but that will be an ongoing project).
My doll is knitting up nicely. The instructions are easy to follow (although knitting those tiny tubes with DPNs can be a bit fiddly). All that’s left is her head and her hair. I’ve been looking at progress shots from other projects on Ravelry and the hair can get quite elaborate – wish me luck!
The Victoria Day long weekend is the unofficial start of the growing season in these parts so here are a few pictures of my garden.
I absolutely love lilacs; they’re so short-lived but they pack so much beauty and fragrance into the few short weeks they’re here.
Five years old that is.
In case my Ikea post didn’t give it away, I have a thing for toys. Aside from the odd Kinder Surprise I don’t buy myself toys all that often. Mainly because I never know what to do with them after the novelty wears off.
But there’s one in particular that I’ve had my eye on for years – a Blythe doll. They’re more of a collector item than a toy, and the price reflects that. But every once in a while I get a bit obsessive and spend hours browsing the internet looking at all the cute clothes and accessories people buy for their dolls and planning what I’d make. But these cuties are not readily available in North America and they are expensive – once you factor in the exchange rate and shipping and customs it’s in the $350+ range. I just can’t justify that for myself right now.
So instead I’m knitting myself a doll from the appropriately titled Arne & Carlos book Knitted Dolls. I’m only using stash yarn and it was quite fun picking out colours – I’m going for a bit of an Anne Shirley look for this first doll (I’ve got enough to make another doll if I enjoy the process).
I’ve finished the body of my February Lady sweater. I really like the way it fits and I am so glad I went down a size rather than up, as I would normally do.
The body took me about three and a half balls of Chroma Worsted, but I wasted a lot getting the stripes to match up. I think if I were using a solid yarn it would have only taken three balls (maybe a bit less?).
I had a mild panic attack the other day. I was leaving for work in the morning and I couldn’t find my house key. It’s normally attached to my car key, and looking closely I could actually see the loose link where the ring must have slipped off.
After searching my purse, car, driveway, garage, and anywhere else I could have dropped it I began to worry. I was absolutely convinced that someone had picked it up and was just waiting for the right moment to empty our house. In a fit of desperation I started calling everywhere I’d been during the week. Well, let’s just say I’m glad I had a distinctive key because as soon as I mentioned I’d misplaced my key the woman on the phone asked if there was a cat on it! Apparently I dropped it in their parking lot and someone brought it inside.
The frames for my Story Time Sampler are coming along nicely and I’ve got the next few months set (and there are no extra rows or stray stitches this time!). I’ve noticed that this is a lot easier to work on now that the days are longer and brighter, I think my goal is to complete the frames and the banner at the top before the end of August. That way when the days start getting shorter I’ll only have a little bit left to work on. We’ll just have to wait and see how that goes.
Anyway, this month’s pattern has been released and it’s Charlotte’s Web. Once again, I’m pretty sure I read this as a kid but I don’t remember it in any great detail. Actually, now that I think about it, I know I received a copy as a gift so I definitely read it, but I don’t think I really liked it all that much. I’m going to get the audiobook from work and give it another try.