So Close

I finally finished the Wurm I’d been working on for my brother. Or so I thought…

Looks fine, doesn't it?

Looks fine, doesn’t it?

I washed and blocked it and everything looked fine. And then my brother tried it on. It is HUGE. It’s like shoulder-length hair. It’s bad. I worked eight ridges in the pattern, but I think I’m going to have to frog two or three of them. And then I can finally cross this one off the list.

The only problem is that I didn’t really enjoy working on this project. The pattern itself is great, but I chose a bad yarn/needle combination. I was using Berroco Lustra which, while breathtakingly beautiful, is a little slippery. And I was using cubic wood dpns which were barely big enough to fit all the stitches. I had to concentrate really hard on keeping the stitches on my needles – not fun.

This was my first time using cubic needles, so I don’t want to write them off just yet. I want to try them again using more of a workhorse wool and see if they perform any better.

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s