Remember how I wasn’t sure if I’d have enough yarn for my hat? Well I did, and I even had enough left over for a pom-pom!
It was just enough, too. After making the pom-pom and weaving in the ends ther were only a few inches of yarn left.
I have to be honest though, had I followed the pattern as written I might have run out. The Northward Hat pattern called for 4 pattern repeats before starting the decreases but I only did 3. It fits perfectly as it is and if I did the extra repeat it would have been too tall, it wouldn’t even have slouched nicely. I mean look at it, it’s so dense that it stands up on its own!
I was worried that the yarn would be too busy for the cables, and they certainly are not as prominent as they would have been in a solid yarn, but I think they still look okay.
It’s still ridiculously hot in these parts so instead of wearing my new hat and sipping tea I’m digging into ice cream.
I enjoyed this so much that I think I’ll be casting on another hat very soon!